Friday, May 31, 2013

Here he is...

I am so excited to show you! I finished the fishy hat. It took some time and effort and a few times of frogging, but I love the end product. 


Now I used a figure eight stitch to make the body of this little guy. I start with 2 strands of 4 ply red heart yarn. I made sure the color was going to compliment his body, but definitely look like a mouth. After I got the mouth finished I switched over and created the body from one strand that the mouth color was in and one strand of orange. The picture doesn't do him justice in the vibrancy of his color. Like I said, I worked the rounds in a figure eight stitch until it hit the length I wanted. On him, I went for about 15 inches. I wanted it shortened up a little since I knew my version was going on a little body, but you can definitely add more length. The top fin and the tail was done in e-wrap. 
For the tail, I used a drawstring cast on and then e-wrapped the white part and then switched over to the multi-colored look that we used for his body. 
I used a small flower loom for the eyes, also using a draw-string cast on , and then a KK blue loom for his fin. Those were worked in short rows. I jotted the pattern down and if you would like a copy please let me know! Hope you enjoy him as much as I do!. Until next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment